Varie Novita da SE

Binitu

il Re degli Allocchi
*Tati* ha detto:
Dici che anche Codec (in via di completamento) rientri in questa abolizione?

Di ufficiale non si sa nulla, ma con molta probabilità KH Coded rientra sicuramente nei titoli sospesi e/o cancellati assieme a FFXIII Agito e PE3.

Enigma

Hyuga Clan's Heir
Square Enix Lose Money, Need More Greenbacks

squaresales.jpg

OH. OH. So this is why Square-Enix boss Yoichi Wada said they needed to "go beyond traditional Square Enix". The company have released their FY2007 financial results, which not only show them losing money (with a 20% drop in profits), but losing a ton of Western market share in the process. The company's performance in the US should be of particular concern (Europe, it did OK), as it dropped like a rock, from 6.1 million games sold in FY2006 (during which FFXII was released) compared to only 3.7 million last year, while sales were up in Japan, from 7.2 million sold to 7.5 million. Guess Japan love them some remakes of games they've already played! And America, well, America notsomuch.

che sia la volta buona che daranno sul serio piu considerazione al mercato occidentale? anche se il fatto che l'europa non ha influito sulle perdite mi fà pensare che rimarremo il terzo mondo per loro anche in questa occasione :/

Sephirosu

Too stubborn to die
Enigma ha detto:
che sia la volta buona che daranno sul serio piu considerazione al mercato occidentale? anche se il fatto che l'europa non ha influito sulle perdite mi fà pensare che rimarremo il terzo mondo per loro anche in questa occasione :/

Sicuramente...SIAMO sempre stati gli ultimi, e ultimi RIMARREMO, non c'è alcun dubbio, a meno che S-E non adotti un sistema di world-wide release, ma non voglio, giacchè i tempi di produzione dei titoli sarebbero ancora maggiori -.-

Binitu

il Re degli Allocchi
Enigma ha detto:
Square Enix Lose Money, Need More Greenbacks

squaresales.jpg

OH. OH. So this is why Square-Enix boss Yoichi Wada said they needed to "go beyond traditional Square Enix". The company have released their FY2007 financial results, which not only show them losing money (with a 20% drop in profits), but losing a ton of Western market share in the process. The company's performance in the US should be of particular concern (Europe, it did OK), as it dropped like a rock, from 6.1 million games sold in FY2006 (during which FFXII was released) compared to only 3.7 million last year, while sales were up in Japan, from 7.2 million sold to 7.5 million. Guess Japan love them some remakes of games they've already played! And America, well, America notsomuch.

Se i dati si riferiscono al numero di giochi venduti allora non servono a niente perchè semplicemente può voler dire che la SE ha fatto uscire un minor numero di giochi, tra l' altro la SE gode di ottima salute perchè ha ottenuto risultati migliori delle aspettative per diversi milioni di euro.

Enigma

Hyuga Clan's Heir
beh ottima salute non credo proprio, forse non hai letto bene

senza contare le colossali perdite Mobile...non credo proprio che stia in ottima salute

Nerodmc4

Filmsource STAFF
Enigma ha detto:
beh ottima salute non credo proprio, forse non hai letto bene

senza contare le colossali perdite Mobile...non credo proprio che stia in ottima salute
Cosi forse si impegnaranno per i capitoli di punta che conosciamo bene

Sephirosu

Too stubborn to die
Parlando di mobile, ora che ci penso, che ne pensate, cancelleranno anche il sequel di ff4: the after??? Perchè, anche se non possiamo giocarci, mi sarebbe interessato sapere la trama...

Enigma

Hyuga Clan's Heir
Final Fantasy XIII Producer Is Not Enemies With FF Versus XIII Director, 'Kay?

Yoshinori Kitase, director of Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger, and fellow colleague Tetsuya Nomura, character designer for FFVII, are rumored to be bitter rivals. Word has it that since the two are unable to work together, each of them are making separate FFXIII games with Kitase producing Final Fantasy XIII and Nomura directing Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Not so! says Kitase. He tells LEVEL magazine:

"Haha, no... hmm, how am I going to explain this? Let me begin by pointing out that Nomura is designing characters both for FFXIII and FFvXIII and that it’s absolutely not a matter of us not being able to work together. But ok, there are differences between us, what we want to accomplish and how we create games. It’s not a hostile rivalry, but we don’t share the exact same goal. But wouldn’t it be boring if that was the case? My view of it is that we’re two creative minds who work together sometimes and then move on on different paths, but always meet up again.
When we started to plan for FFXIII, I told Nomura that there were certain ideals that we had to attain. There’s a standard we follow when we develop a new mainline FF. Back then, the plan was to develop the game for the PS2 and we decided that Nomura would make FFvXIII for the PS3. With that, he could do something different; that game wouldn’t have to follow the traditional FF format. And I’ve always encouraged him to experiment and try out completely new ideas. He’s allowed to take risks; it’s almost an end in itself with that project."

In fact, both recently had sushi together a few weeks back, where they talking about "how RPGs could evolve and how the command-based system is in need of renewal, all while being an important part of the genre’s popularity." Bet that was truly an interesting conversation. Too bad only some sushi chiefs and nearby customers were able to overhear it. That's a shame.

sinceramente non sapevo nulla su questa presunta rivalità, ed ancor piu sinceramente, non me ne potrebbe fregare di meno, e nemmeno a voi immagino, ma era giusto per farvi vedere che alla Squex non si sono ancora dimenticati che stanno producendo FFXIII e Versus, anche se tutti gli indizi portano al contrario :D

inoltre non ho ben capito ed interpretato l'ultima frase di Ktase...

Sephirosu

Too stubborn to die
Enigma ha detto:
Final Fantasy XIII Producer Is Not Enemies With FF Versus XIII Director, 'Kay?

Yoshinori Kitase, director of Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger, and fellow colleague Tetsuya Nomura, character designer for FFVII, are rumored to be bitter rivals. Word has it that since the two are unable to work together, each of them are making separate FFXIII games with Kitase producing Final Fantasy XIII and Nomura directing Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Not so! says Kitase. He tells LEVEL magazine:

"Haha, no... hmm, how am I going to explain this? Let me begin by pointing out that Nomura is designing characters both for FFXIII and FFvXIII and that it’s absolutely not a matter of us not being able to work together. But ok, there are differences between us, what we want to accomplish and how we create games. It’s not a hostile rivalry, but we don’t share the exact same goal. But wouldn’t it be boring if that was the case? My view of it is that we’re two creative minds who work together sometimes and then move on on different paths, but always meet up again.
When we started to plan for FFXIII, I told Nomura that there were certain ideals that we had to attain. There’s a standard we follow when we develop a new mainline FF. Back then, the plan was to develop the game for the PS2 and we decided that Nomura would make FFvXIII for the PS3. With that, he could do something different; that game wouldn’t have to follow the traditional FF format. And I’ve always encouraged him to experiment and try out completely new ideas. He’s allowed to take risks; it’s almost an end in itself with that project."

In fact, both recently had sushi together a few weeks back, where they talking about "how RPGs could evolve and how the command-based system is in need of renewal, all while being an important part of the genre’s popularity." Bet that was truly an interesting conversation. Too bad only some sushi chiefs and nearby customers were able to overhear it. That's a shame.

sinceramente non sapevo nulla su questa presunta rivalità, ed ancor piu sinceramente, non me ne potrebbe fregare di meno, e nemmeno a voi immagino, ma era giusto per farvi vedere che alla Squex non si sono ancora dimenticati che stanno producendo FFXIII e Versus, anche se tutti gli indizi portano al contrario :D

inoltre non ho ben capito ed interpretato l'ultima frase di Ktase...

LOL... Le news sono morte. Ormai non mi và più neanche di cercarle, ho perso la speranza, non ho mai ricordato un digiuno tale di update, è da dicembre, adesso si può dire che siamo a giugno, 6 mesi, e molto probabilmente non sentiremo nulla se non qualche giorno prima dell'E3...Che tristezza T.T

Enigma

Hyuga Clan's Heir
Final Fantasy XI Now Downloadable for PC
Square's MMO drops the discs, embraces the future.

As one of the only MMOs to ever prove successful on consoles, Final Fantasy XI has also avoided some perks normally associated with PC-focused online titles. One of those missing bonuses was remedied Thursday, as Square has announced that Final Fantasy XI and its expansions are now available in disc-free, downloadable form.
The hardcore fantasy RPG can now be purchased and downloaded via the Direct2Drive service. For complete newbies, the Vana'Diel 2007 collection, which contains the full original game and the first three expansion packs, can be had for a mere $19.95. Alternatively, the expansions can be purchased on their own (along with the most recent Wings of the Goddess pack) for $19.95 each.

non sapevo dove postarla, quindi la metto qui...beh che dire, il prezzo è allettante, ma l'abbonamento non credo di potermelo permettere...